Infinitum Electric Highlights 2020 Milestones, Expands into 2021
Company to hire 30 new employees in 2021 to support demand of sustainable electric motors
AUSTIN, Texas – Jan. 28, 2021 – Infinitum Electric, creator of the breakthrough motor that uses a silicon stator, today announced company milestones achieved during 2020, along with plans to hire 30 employees in the areas of engineering, operations, sales and marketing across the next twelve months to meet demand for its ultra high-efficiency electric motors.
Twenty-five trillion kilowatt hours of electricity are consumed per year, of which 53 percent is consumed by electric motors. This leaves a significant opportunity for innovators in many industries – including commercial and industrial, mobility and consumer appliance markets – to develop or replace machines using traditional electric motors with ultra, high-efficiency electric motors, which consume far less energy. Infinitum Electric is enabling this transition with its expanding line of ultra lightweight, connected motors.
“We’re excited to continue ramping up production of our breakthrough PCB motors,” said Ben Schuler, co-founder and CEO of Infinitum Electric. “Our team has worked tremendously hard over the last few years to deliver our disruptive motors to the HVAC industry. We look forward to attracting even more talent to support ongoing demand for our ultra-high efficiency electric motors in new markets and across new use cases, where they contribute to lower carbon footprints and improve sustainability.”
Company milestones, which were achieved during the year ending Dec. 31, 2020, include:
- Product: Launched its first product, the IEs Series motor in early 2020, and shipped its first unit in the fall. The IEs Series motor has also achieved certification from the global safety science leader, UL. Infinitum Electric also expanded motor R&D into mobility applications and household appliances.
- Customers: In addition to the company’s HVAC customers, Infinitum Electric signed an agreement with a leading US automotive supplier to support the development of a hybrid vehicle. Infinitum Electric will validate performance of its IEm Series motor using oil cooling techniques before building a purposefully designed motor for hybrid assist powertrains used for more efficient hybrid vehicles.
- Accolades: Won the 2021 AHR Product of the Year Award, as well as the 2021 Innovation Award in the category of Building Automation and Controls for its IEq, a smart motor offering comprising cutting-edge motor controllers, industry-leading communications options and user-centric cloud capabilities.
- Employees: Added two high-profile engineers to its team. Bahar Anvari, PhD joined the company as Senior Research and Development Engineer and Richard Lee joined as Principal Technical Architect.
- Marketing: Launched a new website to better reflect the company’s positioning to “Power the Electric Revolution” while it expands into new sectors.
“Since investing in Infinitum Electric in 2019, we’ve been encouraged by the growth of the startup’s commercial and industrial product line and the recent expansion into the mobility sector,” said Barbara Burger, Vice President, Innovation and President of Technology Ventures at Chevron.
About Infinitum Electric
Infinitum Electric was born in 2016 by founders with decades of experience and a deep understanding of how electrification will impact the world. With 53 percent of the world’s energy consumed by traditional electric motors, Infinitum Electric’s mission is to Power The Electric Revolution. The company’s patented silicon stator technology forever changes the electrification landscape, allowing for smarter, lighter and quieter electric motors and generators with unparalleled efficiency and durability.